Tuesday, September 6, 2016

3D Week 03 Lego Project Part 01

For this weeks assignment there will be 2 parts. Everyone will be given a simple Lego Library that I have created as a foundation for our FIEA Lego Library.

In class we will be forming small teams of about 3 students per team. In class we will be looking at Lego sets, building and picking out pieces that we will be modeling in the computer to contribute to our growing FIEA Lego Library.

Everyone needs to pick a Lego Piece to model (We will try to avoid anyone modeling the same piece.) Here you can see that I choose to model a windshield in Maya:




 Students will need to showcase their individual modeled piece, along with showcasing their groups Lego project in UE4.


Here you can see I added a rounded brick to the library, and I also made a translucent material that has some emissive to it as well.



Happy Building!

1 comment:

  1. Here are some things I did for the second: http://jenniferbaulierfiea.blogspot.com/2016/08/3d-week-02-minecraft-ish-level.html

    I also did some exercises for assignment 3 but ultimately decided the group should probably work on their own and not try to coordinate with me. Here is my page on assignment 3:
    http://jenniferbaulierfiea.blogspot.com/2016/09/3d-week-03-legos.html

    ReplyDelete